Sunday, January 27, 2013

Project life organization for 2013

I'd like to share with you how I've organized my supplies this year for Project Life.  I think that part of the reason I fell behind a few times last year was how unorganized my supplies became throughout  the year.  This year I've decided to stay organized and keep track of all the supplies I have by setting up a special spot exclusively for PL.  Last year my husband made me an organizer to hold all my cards and supplies, I've received some questions about this organizer as I posted it last year here on the blog.  Well I came up with the design, told him more or less the size I needed and what items I wanted to store, and he "magically" made it happen!!  Did I mention he is an awesome husband?!! He did not draw out any plans and he used recycled wood and pieces he had leftover from other projects.  It measures about 3 ft wide and 1 1/2 ft deep.  I told him the sizes I wanted each of the compartments to fit in the journaling cards for project life, and a few other compartments for larger supplies.  I love it and it is perfect for PL and this year I vow to stay organized!!  Since I have received some requests for this organizer, we are working on a plan to make and sell these, I will let you know if and when this happens, and thank you to everyone who has taken an interest in this.  As I mentioned before I really want to stay organized this year, and so I am purging alot of the things that I don't use, I really just want to keep it simple and just work with my seafoam corekit and with the studio calico PL kit that I have subscribed to.  Here are a few pictures of how I've organized so far.

This is the spot I have designated for my Project Life.  My super amazing husband made me this new table about a week ago and I am in love with it!!!  Previously I was doing all my crafting in the playroom which I had turned into my craft room, but we have a 18 month old who will be using that space soon and now I am claiming the front room and hoping to convert it into my own craft room soon, trying to convince the hubby to build a wall to make it separate from the entry way, I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out. 

Here is a closer look at my project life setup and everything that I have included in my organizer so far.

Here is a close up of the left side

and the right side

I found these at Target and I love them.  

Here is a peek inside

my favorite ink pads

I love these labels to add some journaling to pictures

tags are perfect for adding details



of course my seafoam kit must have a spot all on its own

So this is how I've set up so far, I was able to go to Ikea today and I picked up not 1 but 2 Raskog carts for a few other supplies that I want to keep handy,  I'll show you how I've set those up once I organize them.  Thank you for stopping by and I'd love to see how you've set up for Project Life 2013!!!

19 comments:

  1. Ok, where did you get that white organizer! I NEED that in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, you are incredibly organized! I love that you have all of your supplies so accessible but, that they also look nice. One day, one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm really happy with my setup this year, hopefully I'll stay better organized.

      Delete
  3. SOOOOOOOO SOOOO in love with this organization! I want one of those fabulous organizing stations your hubby made!! It is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, I love having everything accessible !!

      Delete
  4. That looks AMAZING! Love everything including the GORGEOUS table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what your husband did! Mine isn't talented I this way so please keep us posted on possibly selling these. I just love your pages, hope you don't mind if I pin a few to my PL board. My email address just in case things work out with the containers. Sew7752@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you in Pinterest. I love your work! You are so creative and organized! Would you mind sharing the dimensions of the project life organizer your husband made for you? I'd like to make a similar one out of cardboard.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the simplicity of your set-up...I have so much stuff it makes it hard to do anything (if that makes sense). =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog via pinterest. Love the set up ! Is there anyway you would consider sharing the dimensions of your white organizer ? My hubby is not that handy but I might be able to find someone who could help me out. Hope you're willing to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did your husband also made the assorted punches attacher? If not, where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice setup! Your husband is wonderful to make you the organizer and desk! I am just starting out trying project life and I don't have place to do it. I would love to have a dedicated little spot where everything is so organized like yours! The aqua Raskog is on my wishlist!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your set up! I just got my craftroom back and need to get it set up again! love how yours is so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you ever make and sell the desktop organizer as mentioned above? I've been looking for a year for one! No luck. My email is cherylbalmas@gmail.com. Would love to buy one or have measurements to have one made by someone. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Cheryl! I'd love to know about any update on that beautiful organizer! Whether to sell or share the dimensions. :) It's beautiful, and thankfully I have a handy hubby who could use a new project. Lol...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. or even the measurements of the organizer so i could have one made.... plse! really would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi
    I definitely need to get organized for my PL, it would help if you could give measures or if you intend on selling organizers ;-)
    Please let us know!
    Thanks
    Céline, from France

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still waiting for news on buying one of these or having the measurements. Would really appreciate the internal measurements of each compartment so I can have be made. Would really appreciate the info, thank you!

    ReplyDelete