Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Project Life process


 
Hi I'm back today to share my project life process with you. I've been doing this project for about four years now and I'm still enjoying it very much. I'm really not caught up this year but I'm not letting that bother me too much,  I'll just keep documenting and getting it in my album at my own pace.



These days I'm taking most of my pictures with my iPhone 6,  I try to use my big camera whenever possible but it's just so much more convenient to use my phone  because I always have it with me. 
I print my pictures at home on my Epson artisan 730 printer that i've had for about 4 years now.   I use OfficeMax 4 x 6 photo paper,  I prefer matte but will settle for semi gloss whenever matte isn't available. 
The first thing I do is go through my pictures and decide which ones I want to include in that weeks spread once I decide I edit them if necessary using the pic tap go app on my phone,  I usually just make them brighter,  my printer has Wi-Fi so I can print directly from my phone.
If I want to change the size of the pictures to say a 3 x 4 or into 2x2 or 4x4 squares I use the pic frame app. 



I open the app and choose 3:2 size which will give me a 4 x 6 photo when I print,  next I decide what layout I want then add the pictures. After that I save them at the highest resolution to my camera roll now I'm ready to print them super easy. If I've used my Nikon camera during the week I  download the pictures that I want to use into my computer and use Photoshop to edit them or resize and print from there. 


Next thing I do is set up pictures in the order I want, I usually round the corners on my pictures but every once in a while I'm a rebel and leave them square. 
Now comes the fun part which is choosing the journal cards cards that I want to use,  sometimes I know exactly what I want and it takes me five or ten minutes to pull it all together,  other times I can't make up my mind and the process takes forever.   After that I add the journaling and some embellishments, pop them in the album and it's done!


I use Momento app to keep track of what happened during the week my planner is also a very useful resource to remember what took place each day. 
I hope you've enjoyed this post if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment and Thank you for stopping by! 


2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks lovely! The print quality on your prints are so crisp and clean. Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! This post is very motivating, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete